At Nussbaum Group we construct and organically maintain the most exceptional landscapes in the Northwest. We make complex well-designed projects run smoothly and expertly maintain them so they THRIVE.
Nussbaum Group is looking for a well-organized, experienced HR Assistant who will provide support to the department by performing a variety of HR tasks, streamlining administrative procedures, and assisting the HR Director. The position will be responsible for recruiting, onboarding, benefits, maintaining accurate records in multiple systems and serving as a backup for payroll processing. The ideal candidate will strive to create and maintain a welcoming and supportive work environment, while ensuring high levels of organizational effectiveness and communication.
This is a full-time position. We are as committed to the growth of our employees as we are to the landscapes we build. We offer a full suite of competitive benefits which are outlined below.
- Prepare and maintain accurate confidential employee personnel records and HR Department files to ensure security, accuracy and availability.
- Maintain employee database in HRIS systems and coordinate process with Payroll as required.
- Prepare and process pre-employment, onboarding and termination paperwork.
- Administer and review background checks and drug screening.
- Process all data entry into HRIS systems for new hires, employee changes and terminations.
- Conduct internal audits of various HR documentation and follows up to collect missing documents.
- Lead the processing and tracking of unemployment claims, COBRA, & Workers Comp.
- Process external inquiries for employment verification, mortgage applications, employee garnishments, and other employment related documents in accordance with company policy/procedures
- Post career opportunities on various job boards.
- Screen resumes, identify top-tier candidates & schedule initial phone screens.
- Coordinate interview process between candidates and internal interview team.
- Perform employee reference checks.
- Plan, schedule and coordinate benefit open enrollment activities.
- Process employee/dependent enrollment and terminations.
- Respond to and provide direction for benefit related questions or concerns
- Assist the Human Resource Director with special projects as needed.
- Provide project support as requested; specifically, with regards to insurance requirements, union and safety concerns.
- Manage, record and maintain employee leave records (absence requests, PSST, vacation, holiday, modified duty, etc.).
- Collaborate with Office Assistant, Payroll and Marketing to drive and implement office related policies, support programs and training activities.
- 3 years of human resources experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or Associate’s preferred.
- Experience working with the construction or professional landscaping industry or related field a plus.
- Previous experience in managing Benefits and Recruitment.
- Advanced knowldege of MS Office required. QuickBooks experience a plus.
- Knowledge of Human Resources procedures as well as Federal and/or state labor laws.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Ability to maintain a professional presence and high level of confidentiality.
- Attention to detail, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Paid Vacation, Holidays and Sick leave
- Fantastic Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Simple IRA for Retirement Savings
- Company Supplied Vehicle for Company Use
- Company Cell Phone
- Training & Mentoring
Please note: Any offer of employment will be dependent upon the ability to verify identity and eligibility to work in the U.S.; and to pass both a background check and drug test.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call 206-545-0111
- Complete a job application by clicking on the button below.