If there is one word to describe working at Nussbaum Group it would be exceptional. Exceptional projects. Exceptional clients. Exceptional landscapes. And most importantly…exceptional people. What makes us unique, is our strong company culture that is built on the philosophy of anything you do is everything you do. We are looking for people who embody this philosophy and are passionate about what they do, both on the job and off. Our employees come from a wide range of backgrounds, talents, interests and personalities. Such diversity is what makes us whole. It’s what makes Nussbaum Group exceptional. And it’s our commitment to these exceptional employees that make Nussbaum Group such a great place to work.
So what does an exceptional Safety Specialist look like? A Safety Specialist who is highly-motivated and results-driven. Someone who not only has experience in workplace safety and in leading complex safety programs, but someone who cares passionately about the workplace environment and the safety of our employees. We will be counting on our Safety Specialist to bring their expertise to Nussbaum Group and update our standard procedures for operations and equipment safety as needed. Most importantly, our Safety Specialist will be in charge of cultivating an ethos of safety best practices across our organization.
Does this sound like a good fit for you? Then let’s talk details!
Safety Specialist Responsibilities:
- Implements, manages and monitors safety programs, polices, and procedures that meet OSHA, COVID-19 and other applicable requirements.
- In charge of inspecting site conditions to determine if hazards are present and to establish procedures and policies to overcome those hazardous situations.
- Ensures our company is legally compliant with all current safety regulations and that all employees are aware of safety requirements.
- Partners with Human Resources for LNI claims and COVID-19 safety policy administration.
- Supports Project Managers in developing budgets regarding hoisting requirements, slop work, fall protection etc.
- In charge of recordkeeping of all safety training and certifications (CPR, forklift, fall protection, flagger certification, etc.)
- Research, review and recommend security infrastructure.
- Responsible for training all employees to manage, monitor and improve the safety standards in the workplace.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills:
- 3+ years Safety-related work experience.
- Experience working with the construction or professional landscaping industry or related field a plus.
- Understanding of site-specific safety plans for construction.
- Strong overall knowledge of applicable environmental statutes and safety regulations.
- Operational knowledge of general industry and construction activities.
- Working knowledge of OSHA standards and, DOT and CDL guidelines.
- Ability to think creatively in providing effective solutions to complex problems.
- Good communication, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel.
Please note: Any offer of employment will be dependent upon the ability to verify identity and eligibility to work in the U.S.; and to pass both a background check and drug test.
- Email email@example.com
- Call 206-545-0111 today!
- Submit a job application by clicking the button below.