At Nussbaum Group we construct and organically maintain the most exceptional landscapes in the Northwest. We make complex well-designed projects run smoothly and expertly maintain them so they THRIVE.
Nussbaum Group is looking for an experienced Controller to manage finance and accounting operations in the company in coordination with an outsourced bookkeeping firm. The Controller will develop and enforce internal processes to maximize protection of company assets, policies, procedures and financial goals to provide the best possible results for our clients, company and people.
This is a full-time position. We are as committed to the growth of our employees as we are to the landscapes we build. We offer a full suite of competitive benefits which are outlined below.
- Maintains documented systems of accounting policies and operations while working with an outsourced bookkeeping firm
- Advises on financial analyses and decision-making regarding billing, budgeting, revenue recognition and various other financial matters with CEO
- Manages the preparation of the company budgets and financial forecasts. Coordinates relationship with banking.
- Provides information and proactive processes to make sure all project managers own the financial aspects of their projects while supporting the CEO to manage company finances long-term.
- Ensures quality control over project budgets and financial reporting.
- Oversees billing for construction and maintenance projects
- Builds trust with our clients by accurately managing Accounts Receivable
- Manages the day-to-day operations of the company according to existing vision, mission, values and policies of the company
- Minimum 5+ years of senior-level accounting and finance experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field a plus
- Working knowledge of federal, state, and local tax compliance regulations and reporting
- Strong working knowledge of detailed financial data analysis
- Proven payroll experience, with a focus on streamlining accounting processes
- Experience working with the construction or professional landscaping industry or related field a plus
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Advanced knowledge of QuickBooks and MS Office
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- CPA preferred
- Paid Holidays and Time Off
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Simple IRA for Retirement Savings
- Company Cell Phone
Please note: Any offer of employment will be dependent upon the ability to verify identity and eligibility to work in the U.S.; and to pass both a background check and drug test.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call 206-545-0111 today!
- Complete a job application by clicking on the button below.