director of HUMAN RESOURCES
If there is one word to describe working at Nussbaum Group it would be exceptional. Exceptional projects. Exceptional clients. Exceptional landscapes. And most importantly…exceptional people. What makes us unique, is our strong company culture that is built on the philosophy of anything you do is everything you do. We are looking for people who embody this philosophy and are passionate about what they do, both on the job and off. Our employees come from a wide range of backgrounds, talents, interests and personalities. Such diversity is what makes us whole. It’s what makes Nussbaum Group exceptional.
We are looking for an experienced Director of Human Resources who will effectively and reliably manage all aspects of human resources for the company. The Director of Human Resources responsibilities include maintaining company standards, while creating a progressive work environment where all employees are encouraged to thrive. This position reports to the CEO.
This is a full-time position. We offer a full suite of competitive benefits which are outlined below.
- Plans, develops, manages, and implements policies, processes, training, and initiatives to support the company’s human resource compliance and strategy needs.
- Administers and oversees the administration of human resource programs including, but not limited to, onboarding, recruitment, compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; recognition, and; training and development.
- Administers workers compensation claims.
- Develops and executes best practices for hiring and talent management.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, and regulatory changes in human resources, talent management, and employment law; applies this knowledge to communicate changes in policy, practice, and resources to the Senior Management Team.
- Works with supervisors to manage performance improvement.
- Advises management in appropriate resolution of employee relation issues.
- Prepares HR metrics and HR reports and is responsible for recommending procedures to improve as a result of the data in areas such as turnover and absenteeism.
- Maintains employment procedures and practices designed to attract and retain qualified/competent employees.
- Manages the performance management process for the company. Ensures assessments and merit increases are administered in a timely manner.
- Oversees wage and benefit administration for the company.
- Promotes health and safety for the company. Drives the implementation of safety plans along with management team.
- Responsible for the development and integration of the safety program that meet state and federal guidelines.
- Collaborates with Senior Management Team to understand the organization’s goals and strategy related to staffing, recruiting, and retention.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- 5 years of experience in human resource management.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent experience/education combination.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite. Smartsheet knowledge a plus.
- Must be able to effectively collaborate across all departments.
- PHR or SPHR certification preferred.
- Paid Time-Off and Sick Leave
- Fantastic Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Simple IRA Plan with Company Match
- Company Cell Phone
- Company Laptop
Please note: Any offer of employment will be dependent upon the ability to verify identity and eligibility to work in the U.S.; and to pass both a background check and drug test.
- Email email@example.com
- Complete a job application by clicking on the button below.