MAINTENANCE DEPARTMENT LEAD
If there is one word to describe working at Nussbaum Group it would be exceptional. Exceptional projects. Exceptional clients. Exceptional landscapes. And most importantly…exceptional people. What makes us unique, is our strong company culture that is built on the philosophy of anything you do is everything you do. We are looking for people who embody this philosophy and are passionate about what they do, both on the job and off. Our employees come from a wide range of backgrounds, talents, interests and personalities. Such diversity is what makes us whole. It’s what makes Nussbaum Group exceptional.
We are looking for a Maintenance Department Lead who will be responsible for dynamically and proactively leading the Maintenance Department to be culturally in tune with our values and financially well run. The MDL works with internal and external clients daily, meeting budgets and goals, while supervising and developing a full-service team of landscape maintenance professionals.
This is a full-time position. We offer a full suite of competitive benefits which are outlined below.
- Oversees the execution of The Nussbaum Way.
- Leads from Our Values with Emotional Intelligence.
- Utilizes the concepts of Dare to Lead for the consistent good of all.
- Works closely with Maintenance Project Managers (MPM's) and Maintenance Team Leads (MTL's) to ensure all services are peformed exceptionally according to the carefully established Maintenance Service Summaries.
- Works closely with Construction Project Managers (CPM's) to ensure the construction to maintenance transistion is done successfully.
- Works closely with accounting to establish the departmental budget, oversee all maintenance billing, and maintain current Accounts Recieveable (AR).
- Oversees creation of all landscape maintenance budgets by MPM's prior to budget presentations with clients.
- Ensures safety standards are being documented and kept up in all areas.
- Reviews timecard and credit card purchases of entire maintenance team weekly.
- Analyzes and understands budget to actual reports, revenue forecasts and financials related to client accounts.
- Effectively communicates with management and field teams the tasks necessary to provide a consistent, exceptional product for customers.
- Demonstrates strong leadership skills; models a healthy and inclusive department culture to promote and sustain a positive and fun cultutre and recognize employee achievements. Our company focuses on the concepts of Dare to Lead.
- Fosters opportunities for professional development of team members.
- Constantly promotoes and encourages adherence to company policies and safety practices.
- Member of the Leadership Team.
- Peforms other related duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Landscape Architecture, Horticulture or related field and 5 years' experience building and leading teams. In lieu of degree, at least 8 years of landscape maintenance and people management experience is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software, specifically Excel. Smartsheet knowlege is a plus.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Thorough understanding of contracts, plans, specifications and regulations.
- Ability to make intelligent and quick decisions, working well under pressure, and when faced with unexpected occurences or delays.
- Thorough understanding of architectural, irrigation and other construction drawings.
- Excellent time management skills with proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Paid Time-Off and 8 company holidays
- Fantastic Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Simple IRA Plan with 3% Company Match
- Company Cell Phone
- Company Laptop
Pay Range: $125K-$150K
Please note: Any offer of employment will be dependent upon the ability to verify identity and eligibility to work in the U.S.; and to pass both a background check and drug test.
- Email email@example.com
- Complete a job application by clicking on the button below.